- ACE 1-4 page 40
- skills: Stem and Leaf Plots
- sunshine math VII due Thursday, November 20th
Friday, November 14, 2008
Today we continued our investigation of stem plots, but we are now comparing two sets of data. we examined the concepts of outliers. In class groups we completed and went over problem 2.2.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
students will learn today about another type of graph, stem and leaf plots also called stem plot. In class we reviewed the concepts of stem plots and learned how to make them. Students were asked to work on problem 2.1 in class and finish it as homework if they did not complete it.
- finish 2.1 if not completed in class
- sunshine math vii due thursday, november 20th
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Problem 1.5 takes a look at horizontal and vertical bar graphs. We are still reading the information and solving for mean, median and mode. We also had time to take our first quiz. A reminder that math lab will be tomorrow evening after school.
- word problem 14 due tomorrow
Friday, November 7, 2008
today in class students were allowed to work on additional practice 1. Because this is a length assignment i allowed class time to begin it and finish as homework for wednesday. This paper reviews all of the concepts we have been discussing in class.
- skills :Line Plots due wednesday
- additional practice 1 due wednesday
- word problem 14 due thursday
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Students learn the difference between categorical and numerical data. If the answer to a question is a word then it is categorical. If the answer to a question uses numbers then it is numerical.
- ACE 14-20 on page 23
- skills :Line Plots due next wednesday
- word problem 14 due Thursday, November 13th